For those interested in returning to the river, please make yourself aware of the following information before you make your decision. There are physical and biological risks to your health that you need to consider first.
Information about river access and water safety
- There are water quality and human health concerns for
- Brisbane River – Please visit this BCC web page and download the spreadsheet showing bacterial contamination levels before making the decision to paddle. Orange is bad, and many areas remain above levels that may have health impacts (particularly around Oxley Creek).
- Oxley Creek (Jan 28) a few km upstream from UQ
- Cabbage Tree Creek (Jan 30) near the Boondall wetlands/Sandgate.
- Brisbane river (Feb 2)
- The following places have been given a clean bill of health
- Southern Moreton Bay (Feb 2)