From 2019 all members must complete a UQ sport supervised swim test before they can participate in on-water activities within the club. It can be done before or after joining.
The test is 400m (8x 50m) with no time limit. If you aren’t able complete it, you can have multiple attempts. UQ sport has a free help program for members to improve their swimming (if they are members of a club), and/or the club will refund your membership if you aren’t able to pass.
Swim tests are held every Tuesday evening at the UQ pool from 8 PM (during semesters and sometimes between semesters). Swim tests occur just prior to canoe polo, and are verified by a UQ Sport Pool employee. For other potential test times please contact the UQ Sport Aquatic Centre (eg by phone). UQ sport also organises monthly swim test sessions.
Swim test details
- Distance: 400m (8 x 50m)
- Time: no time limit
- Location: UQ pool
- Heated pool and change rooms available
- Every Tuesday evening at the start of weekly canoe polo (the club hires the pool) at 8PM sharp on the water. If you stay for polo, then pool costs apply (otherwise free)
- Contact the UQ Pool for other potential times. These are organised by UQ sport independent of the club. There are more sessions around the start of semester.
- If you pass
- Access to club on water activities
- Access to other UQ clubs that require swim tests
- They will give you a certificate
- If you fail
- Access to UQ sport improvement help
- More attempts allowed
- Refund if unable
- Please let us know (and what distance you did complete)
Swim Test Certificate
Please upload a picture of the Swimming Certificate. If you use a tablet or mobile phone you can both take the picture and submit it. If you can, please remember to take a picture and submit it as soon as you get the certificate at the pool. Use this linked form –
We will not give you access to the shed unless we have a copy of the certificate.
LM: Aug 2019