From 2019 all members must complete a UQ sport supervised swim test before they can participate in on-water activities within the club. It can be done before or after joining.
The test is 400m (8x 50m) with no time limit. If you aren’t able complete it, you can have multiple attempts. UQ sport has a free help program for members to improve their swimming (if they are members of a club), and/or the club will refund your membership if you aren’t able to pass.
Swim tests are held every Tuesday evening at the UQ pool from 8 PM (during semesters and some time between semesters). Tests occur just prior to canoe polo and are verified by a UQ Sport Pool employee. Records are maintained by UQ Sport.
Swim test details
- Distance: 400m (8 x 50m)
- Time: no time limit
- Location: UQ pool
- Heated pool and change rooms available
- Every Tuesday evening at the start of weekly canoe polo (the club hires the pool) at 8PM sharp on the water. If you stay for polo, then pool costs apply (otherwise free)
- Once a month (contact UQ Pool for times). These are organised by UQ sport independent of the club. More sessions around the start of semester.
- If you pass
- Access to club on water activities
- Access to other UQ clubs that require swim tests
- If you fail
- Access to UQ sport improvement help
- More attempts allowed
- Refund if unable
- Please let us know (and what distance you did complete)
LM: Jan 2019