Meeting day: – Tuesday evenings
Time: 7:45 PM
Duration: 1.5 hrs
Cost: $10 members / $15 non-members (must be financial Australian canoeing members (e.g. members of another AC affiliated club))
Location: Weekly at the UQ Pool (UQ Building 27 or picture). HEATED POOL (27 deg.).
Purpose: Polo training, skills development, polo games, and preparation for competition.
- Temporary Pontoon
The club pontoon has sustained major damage and is being repaired. An alternative pontoon is available.(more…)
- Polo and Pool Training Calendar 2019
POLO Restarts 13th August 2019
Next General POOL Training Sessions (30th July and 6th August)
Experienced members please come along help out at the General pool training sessions on the first few Tuesday evenings of each semester at 7:45 PM. (see below for dates). Entry is free if you help and/or teach. Note that these two dates are not canoe polo, and are not open to non-members unless invited specifically.
Canoe polo will be every week at the UQ pool during semester other than pool training sessions. Long sleeved shorts required (as per polo safety rules). See calendar below dates and any variations.
Next Polo Sessions
- 13th August – Weekly Polo Training
- Continuing weekly over the semester and potentially longer depending on participation
- 5th Feb – Weekly Polo Training
- 12 Feb – Weekly Polo Training
- 19th Feb – Weekly Polo Training
- 26th Feb – Weekly Polo Training
- 5th Mar – General Pool Training I and Swim Tests
- 12th Mar – General Pool Training II and Swim Tests
- 19th Mar – Weekly Polo Training
- 26th Mar – Weekly Polo Training
- 2th Apr – Weekly Polo Training
- 9th Apr – Weekly Polo Training
- 16th Apr – Weekly Polo Training
- 23rd Apr – Weekly Polo Training
- 30th Apr – Weekly Polo Training
- 7th May – Weekly Polo Training
- 14th May – Weekly Polo Training
- 21st May – Weekly Polo Training
- 28th May – Weekly Polo Training
- 4th June – Weekly Polo Training
Polo may continue, depending on numbers over the semester (TBA).
What to bring
- Towel and swimming gear (there are warm shower facilities at the pool)
- Money to put toward pool costs. Note that the club subsidises the pool hire, so the more people that take advantage of these sessions, the more sessions we can afford to hold.
- Please pay and sign the form at the start of the night. Each member must sign on individually.
When held at the UQ pool, the shallow end is available to club members for unsupervised skills practice. Australian canoeing members (e.g. members of other AC affiliated canoe clubs) must first contact the UQCC committee if they are interested in using the shallow end UQ pool for similar unsupervised training. Other Polo events & Competitions
- Queensland Canoeing Canoe Polo Winter Championships
The competition runs for a total of four to six rounds including the finals.
Starts: mid year and runs over June / July
- 2004 – UQCC won the series
- 2005 – UQCC won the series
- 2006 – UQCC won the series
- 2010 – did not enter
- 2011 – did not enter (flood affected)
- 2012 – UQCC won the series
- 2013 – competition did not run
Please email the canoe polo representative
with enquiries, for future dates, and/or with expressions of interest. LM: Feb 2018