This is a longer river paddle up river from the club pontoon, visiting placed you don’t normally get to paddle.
Distance: ~14 km tide assisted.
Duration: ~2 – 2.5 hrs paddling and 1 hr stopping time.
We will depart from the club shed with the following plan
- 7: 30 Meet for car shuttle (those involved
- 8:00 Meet at shed and prepare boats.
- 8:30 AM – depart shed
- 9:30 – 5.2 km – Visit Long Pocket (Sir John Chandler Park Boat ramp / pontoon) – water/toilets available
- 10:15 AM – 7.25 km – Oxley Creek (Simpsons Playground Park) – Sea scouts and Brisbane Canoeing Club
- 11 AM – 10.4 km – Possible stop at Indooroopilly Canoe Club
- 12 PM – 13.5 km – Arrive Sherwood Arboretum (opposite Lone Pine Koala sanctuary) – water/toilets available.
- 1 PM return to shed
- 2 PM depart
We will have a car / club trailer (if needed) at the Arboretum to bring boats back.
Boats: Any flatwater or sea kayaks that your are comfortable in for longer periods.
- Toowong – High 10:52 AM
- Oxley Creek – High 11:04 AM
- Indooroopilly – High 11:24 AM
- Seventeen Mile Rocks – High 11:30 AM
This is a standard river paddle with the risks associated with paddling on the river. These were covered in your club inductions which you must complete before paddling on the river. There are longer distances, but we will stop at various points – all of which can double as take out points.
Emergency contact: 000, UQ Security 3365 3333
Please bring – .
- Sun smart gear – long sleeved shirts, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, decent protective shoes etc
- 3L water – including a water bottle you can access while paddling
- Snacks to eat on the water
- Bring your lunch. We will have a barbecue at the end.
Safety Equipment: tow ropes, spare paddle, first aid kit, duct tape/bungie/zip ties, mobile phones, whistles, life jackets.
|Register with: Siti|
|Register by: 29th August 2019 Activity ID: 190831F|
Event organisers and leaders: Check registrations here (copy the activity ID first). Login required.