In order to paddle during the Covid pandemic, we need to have additional measures in place. Procedures are approved by UQ Sport, and it is important that members adhere to them to ensure appropriate management of the Covid risk.
Steps to become a Solo paddler
You will not get access to the shed to do your own paddling until the following are complete
- Financial member (successful payment) and online membership form complete
- Off water and on water inductions complete
- Completed UQ sport swim test, and certificate uploaded to club
- Completed the club solo paddler declaration form and uploaded to the club
Once complete you will get access to the shed via a key and notification of the shed door code and the password to paddle schedule form.
COVID Paddling Documents
- UQCC Covid-Safe Activity Plan (v5)
- Paddle Australia Guidelines
- COVID Cleaning Protocol – Note – please obtain detergent bottles from UQ Sport reception when you pick up the key.
- UQCC Return to Play Checklist
- Solo paddler Declaration form – PLEASE SIGN.
Members who wish to paddle on the river in an unsupervised paddle must complete the solo paddler declaration and submit it here.
Steps to become a Covid Group Paddle leader
- Group paddling – Members who wish to lead group paddles must complete additional paperwork and training. Please email the enquiries email for further information.
- All Solo paddler steps
- Completion of additional leadership training including online training certificate.
- Written permission from the club committee accepting you as a group paddle leader.