Regular Canoe Polo sessions are have restarted at the UQ pool.
Please check the Covid-safe Calendar for scheduled dates and times and registration.
Note the earlier start times (6:45 PM) compared to previous years.
There is a charge for pool use (goes towards the cost of hiring the pool).
This is also a chance to complete your biennial UQ Sport Swim test.
Weekly Canoe Polo has now moved to Friday nights at 6 PM to 8:30PM.
We’re try out a new day and a new time. Hopefully this works for you! With the option of something a bit social after!
Details updated here
Weekly pool sessions restart on Tuesday evening (21st Aug). The weekly canoe polo calendar is here.
Canoe Polo and Pool bookings are continuing until Tuesday 12th December. Details here.
Weekly pool sessions restart on Tuesday evening (8th Aug). The second and third weeks (15th and 22nd Aug) are broader pool training days combined with introductions to canoe polo. The weekly canoe polo calendar is here.
Weekly Canoe Polo restarts from Tuesday 28th March. Space is available in the shallow end for paddle practice and other activities. Details here.
We’ve been watching the rain. It appears to have passed now so the pool is still open for us and polo is still on. Hope to see you there
The club is organising a number of trips over second semester. These will be posted online as the dates are finalised.
- Brunswick River – Mullumbimby to Brunswick Heads (for a pub lunch) and back
- Coomera Island – Circumnavigate Coomera island in the Southern Moreton Bay / Gold Coast
- Noosa River – Explore the Noosa river and sea kayak training (Weekend trip)
- North Stradbroke Island – Dunwich/Blakesleys/Peel island (weekend trip)
- Tweed River – Day trip exploring parts of the Tweed river
- South Stradbroke Island – a day trip to Tipplers, Swan Bay, or the Bedrooms
- Bribie island – Grade 2 training/assessment
- St. Helena island – Day trip in Moreton Bay
- Barefoot Bowls Paddle – a social Paddle to Newfarm followed by barefoot lawn bowls
Others events to be scheduled during the semester.
Polo has now finished for semester 1. Pool bookings will recommence in semester 2 with polo a couple of weeks after that (August).