These events are subject to the current club Covid Policy
This policy must be adhered to.
Participants must register beforehand and log their attendance
on the online Covid register (QR codes)
Participants must not attend if they are exhibiting Covid related symptoms, have been to a Covid hotspot in the past fortnight, or have knowingly been in contact with anyone who has done this within that past fortnight.
Events may be cancelled at short notice
in line with UQ Sport and government health advice.
Canoe Polo at the Pool Summary
Duration: 1.5 hrs
Cost: $10 members / $15 non-members (must be financial Paddle Australian members (e.g. members of another PA affiliated club)). Extra for fibreglass boats.
Location: Weekly at the UQ Pool (UQ Building 27 or picture). HEATED POOL (27 deg.).
Purpose: Polo training, skills development, polo games, and preparation for competition.
Register for these Covid-safe Group activities here.
Club polo leaders can update weekly activities here
What to bring
- Towel and swimming gear (there are warm shower facilities at the pool)
- Money to put toward pool costs. Note that the club subsidises the pool hire, so the more people that take advantage of these sessions, the more sessions we can afford to hold.
- Please pay and sign the form at the start of the night. Each member must sign on individually.
When held at the UQ pool, the shallow end is available to club members for unsupervised skills practice. Paddle Australia members (e.g. members of other PA affiliated canoe clubs) must first contact the UQCC committee if they are interested in using the shallow end UQ pool for similar unsupervised training.
Paddle Queensland Canoe Polo Winter Championships
This competition is something to aim for. It runs mid year, usually over June / July, for a total of four to six rounds including the finals.
The club has a history of participation –
- 2004 – UQCC won the series (inaugural event)
- 2005 – UQCC won the series
- 2006 – UQCC won the series
- 2010 – did not enter
- 2011 – did not enter (flood affected)
- 2012 – UQCC won the series
- 2013 – competition did not run
Please email the canoe polo representative
with enquiries, for future dates, and/or with expressions of interest. LM: Feb 2021