- July 2012: The club has essentially recovered. Final replacement of some minor items in shed still required. See the Committee Report from the 2012 AGM.
March 2012: Normal operation. The pontoon is operational (Sept 2011). All gear delivered (fixed and/or replaced (Dec 2012)). Pool reopened Feb 2012. Marine insurance completed. Still waiting for UQ insurance but this hasn’t stopped us. Pool Polo nets remain an issue.
July 2011: Limited to paddling on the river (this will change when a bit more basic gear becomes available). Membership reopened. Pontoon repair is underway (it is not complete). Many new boats have arrived. Many old boats repaired. Other boats are on order. PFDs have arrived.
We have borrowed a couple of sea kayaks from Queensland Canoeing (Thanks QC!). We are able to do paddling on the river. There is no borrowing of boats (other than local river paddling). Thanks for your patience!
The boat insurance has come through… We have ordered a lot of gear gear and a fair amount has arrived.
Status by discipline
- Flatwater/River paddling – fully operational (March 2012)
- Sea kayaking – fully operational (March 2012)
- Whitewater – operational. Wivenhoe introductory area is probably still out of action (March 2012).
- Canoe polo – everything operational except nets, bibs, and balls (March 2012)
Other posts about the floods
- Initial flooding pictures
- Inside the shed after the flooding – shed closed
- Help needed 5th Feb to shift & wash gear
Information about river access and water safety
- There are water quality and human health concerns for
- The Brisbane river – please visit this city council web page and download the spreadsheet that shows the latest enterococci bacteria levels measured at various sites and dates along the river, before making a decision to paddle. Orange is bad, and many areas remain above levels that may have health impacts (particularly around Oxley Creek). Sites to check within ~7 km of the UQ pontoon (Kangaroo point, West End, Regatta Hotel, Green bridge, Tennyson, Pamphlett bridge)
- Oxley Creek (Jan 28) a few km upstream from UQ
- Cabbage Tree Creek (Jan 30) near the Boondall wetlands/Sandgate.
- Brisbane river (Feb 2)
- The following places have been given a clean bill of health
- Southern Moreton Bay (Feb 2)