A paddle up river from the club pontoon, stopping at Oxley Creek for a Barbecue Brunch before returning to the shed. Please let the organiser know if you are interested in communal shopping/food – or are bringing your own.
Date: Sunday 15th September 2019
Time: 9:00 AM
Distance: ~14 km (7.25 km each way) – tide assisted.
Duration: ~2 – 2.5 hrs paddling and 2 hr stopping time.
We will depart from the club shed with the following plan
- 9:00 Meet at shed and prepare boats.
- 9:30 AM – depart shed
- ~ 10:30 AM Oxley Creek (Simpsons Playground Park) for Barbecue Brunch
- 12- 12:30 PM return to shed
- 1:30 PM return to shed
- 2 PM depart
We will have a car (if needed) at the Park with barbecue gear. Good coffee down the road (so bring a few coffee $) …
Boats: Any flatwater or sea kayaks that your are comfortable in for longer periods.
- Toowong – High 10:51 AM
- Oxley Creek – High 11:03 AM
This is a standard river paddle with the risks associated with paddling on the river. These were covered in your club inductions which you must complete before paddling on the river. There are multiple take out points and we are not far from shore. Club Risk Assessment available on request.
Emergency contact: 000, UQ Security 3365 3333
Please bring – .
- Sun smart gear – long sleeved shirts, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, decent protective shoes etc
- 3L water – including a water bottle you can access while paddling
- Snacks to eat on the water
- Bring your lunch. We will have a barbecue at the park.
Safety Equipment: tow rope, first aid kit, mobile phone, whistles, life jackets.
|Register with: Siti|
|Register by: 15th August 2019 Activity ID: 190915F|
Event organisers and leaders: Check registrations here (copy the activity ID first). Login required.