A night paddle on the river.
The exact times and format of this event are likely to change. It is subject to both updates from the leader and also what happens with the introductory sea kayak trip earlier in the day. Note this is now on the Sunday evening
Paddling at night has extra dangers. You must have adequate lights (it is critical that other boats see you easily from a distance). Basic lights consist of a front white light (e.g. head torch) and a rear WHITE light. Glo-sticks alone or one unidirectional light are not sufficient (but a good addition to your PFD). Red bike lights are not acceptable. Bring warm gear in case it is cold.
- Lights! – front and back and bright and white (spare batteries too)
- PFD – you will be required to wear a PFD at all times
- Group – we need to keep together as a group
- Sides – we need to stay to the sides of the river as much as practical to reduce exposure to other (bigger) boats.
- Warm gear – it may be cold… bring sufficient warm gear. Keep additional dry gear in your backpack/car in case you get wet!
Remember there are warm showers and a changing area in the shed complex.
- 6:00PM (sharp) meet at shed
- 8:00-9:00PM approximate finish time depending on group
Paddle type: Flatwater
Duration: ~2 hours
Meeting time: 6:00 PM sharp
Distance: 7-14 km (depending on speed, time, and ability)
Location: University of Queensland Leader Email Address Location: Inductors’ Contacts Page
|Register by: 31-08-2018||Event ID: 180901F|