A night paddle to Southbank and back.
Paddling at night has extra dangers. You must
have adequate lights (it is critical that other boats see you easily from a distance). Basic lights consist of a front white light (e.g. head torch) and
a rear WHITE light. Glo-sticks alone or one unidirectional light are not sufficient (but a good addition to your PFD). Red bike lights are not acceptable. Bring warm gear in case it is cold.
Remember - NO GLOW = NO GO!
- Lights! - front and back and bright and white (spare batteries too)
- PFD - you will be required to wear a PFD at all times
- Group - we need to keep together as a group
- Sides - we need to stay to the sides of the river as much as practical to reduce exposure to other (bigger) boats.
- Warm gear - it may be cold... bring sufficient warm gear. Keep additional dry gear in your backpack/car in case you get wet!
Remember there are warm showers and a changing area in the shed complex.
Plan to be posted
Paddle type: Flatwater
Duration: ~3-4 hours
Meeting time: TBA
Distance: 7-14 km (depending on speed, time, and ability)
Location: University of Queensland building 30 - UQ Canoe club boat shed
Address: North river end of Sir William MacGregor Drive, St. Lucia
|Register by: 26-10-2018
|Event ID: 181027F|