A chance to "do the right thing" and help clean up the shore of the St. Lucia campus, followed by a paddle afterwards.
We plan a social meet up and clean up of the shoreline around the St. Lucia campus between 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM, followed by a possible river paddle after that.
Bring: Gloves. Hat, long sleeved shirt, covered shoes, water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses.
Meet: 8:15 AM at the club shed
If you can't make this, please consider the join a 30th September cleanup and tree planting activity run by the university
Register with: Maija Raudsep
Event organisers and leaders: Check registrations here (copy the event ID first). Login required.
- Basic fitness (if water based activity)
- You must be a current financial member to participate (except for come and try events). Polo is open to members of Australian canoeing (i.e. members of most AC affiliated canoe clubs).
- You must be able to swim (if event takes place on water)
- You must have signed the club waiver and agreed to abide by the club's rules
About UQCC trips
- Minimum and maximum numbers exist for club trips. Don't miss out, please book your place early.
- Details are subject to change. Please check this web site regularly.
- All trips may be changed due to circumstances or conditions, and trip leaders have the final decision on whether it goes ahead or not, and who goes (they will contact you if this happens).
- Where there is an option to paddle double kayaks, then the first in get singles, and the last ones paddle doubles, unless people specifically want to take double kayaks or the trip leader decides differently.