The club is looking to engage a qualified flatwater coach or instructor to improve skill levels within the club and also encourage members in canoeing and club activities.
Ideally the person would
- Encourage new club members and beginners in canoeing
- Run regular flatwater training sessions predominantly on the Brisbane river
- Engage members to be more active with the club
- Build the skill of members (novices and advanced)
- Facilitate/promote club trips, training, events, and disciplines
- Have knowledge and experience of Australian Canoeing guidelines
- Promote kayaking for fitness
- Promote competitive kayaking
This would comprise 2-3 sessions a week during the university semester (typically March - May and August - October) with 1 session per week for some of the other months depending on finances and interest.
Please contact the enquiries email to find out more and make your interest known to the club.