A weekly two hour after-work night paddle up or down the river starts Wednesday 02 May at 7:15 PM
PLEASE EMAIL THE ORGANISERS (below) BEFORE YOU COME ALONG
Just put "night paddle" and "Coming" in the subject line
Meet Wednesday evenings at 7:15 PM at shed
Looking for a paddle in the evenings but it's too dark? Do you have trouble getting to the Uni for afternoon paddles due to work? Maybe you just like the idea of paddling under the stars and city lights. For the next month or few, we are running a weekly night paddle on Wednesday evenings.
Paddling at night has extra dangers. You must have adequate lights (it is critical that other boats see you easily from a distance). Basic lights consist of a front light (e.g. head torch) and a rear WHITE light, or a raised bright 360 degree white light. Glo-sticks alone or one unidirectional light are not sufficient (but a good addition to your PFD). Red bike lights are not acceptable. Bring warm gear in case it is cold.
- Lights! - front and back and bright and white (spare batteries too)
- PFD - you will be required to wear a PFD at all times
- Group - we need to keep together as a group
- Sides - we need to stay to the sides of the river as much as practical to reduce exposure to other (bigger) boats.
- Warm gear - it may be cold... bring sufficient warm gear. Keep additional dry gear in your backpack/car in case you get wet!
Remember there are warm showers and a changing area in the shed complex.
- 7:15PM (sharp) meet at shed
- 9:30PM approximate finish time
Paddle type: Flatwater
Duration: 1 - 2 hours
Meeting time: 7:15 PM sharp
Distance: 7-14 km (depending on speed, time, and ability)
Location: University of Queensland building 30
- UQ Canoe club boat shed
Address: North river end of Sir William MacGregor Drive, St. Lucia
- Wednesday evening - 02 May 2012
- Wednesday evening - 09 May 2012
- Wednesday evening - 16 May 2012
- Wednesday evening - 23 May 2012
- Wednesday evening - 30 May 2012
- Continues in June, July, and August - email the organisers to let them know you are coming
THESE PADDLES HAVE FINISHED FOR 2012
with any questions or queries.
Leaders one of : Matt
LM: May 12