A number of activities are in the initial planning stages for second semester. These include training times, trips, and events.
Initial events for second semester 2011.
This list is likely to change in the future. The website will be updated with specific details and additional events once they become available
- Saturday morning paddles will start at 9 am until we have a completed pontoon (work is underway)
- Flatwater training sessions start at 6.30 am each Tuesday and Wednesday mornings starting in a couple of weeks
- Night paddles one night a week. Day and time to be decided
- Racing on the river will start later in the semester when it is lighter on Wednesdays at 4.30 pm (commencement date to be decided later)
- Weekend general training day will occur on Somerset dam or down the coast fairly early in the term. This may be combined with instruction by a Qualified QC instructor.
- White water training day and Goolang are hopefully possible later in the semester provided we get new spray decks and the remaining whitewater kayaks that are on order. The training day will be subject to a suitable training site being organised (the normal site may not be accessible following the January floods)
- Canoe polo depends on finding a venue elsewhere because the Uni pool is going to be very delayed (it is under major renovation after the January floods). The polobats (polo kayaks) and and spray skirts should arrive later in the semester.
- Monthly basic sea kayak training sessions on the river (usually Thursday mornings).
- Noosa river - this will depend on conditions (earlier in Semester) - date to be set.
- South Stradbroke island (Curragee) OR North Stradbroke island (Blakesleys) - Date to be set.
- Pumicestone passage beside Bribie island (later in the semester). Date to be set.