The 2011 Annual General Meeting of the canoe club will be held at the club shed from 1:00 PM on Sunday 5th of June. We need plenty of financial members to come along to this important annual meeting.
There will be a Barbecue lunch
at 1 PM, followed by the AGM
at 2PM. After this there will be a river paddle
for anyone interested (we will have about 8 functional boats).
Important AGM activities
- Election of new committee members.
Please contact the enquiries email if you are interested in contributing in any way. The club relies entirely on the voluntary contributions of its members. As a student/university oriented club, we especially need more students active on the club committee.
- Adoption of audited financial accounts and balance sheets
- Progress of the flood recovery
Without enough financial members
attending, the meeting cannot take place. So please make the effort to come along.
This is also a chance to meet other club members and committee members, and make sure that your kayak interests are known to the committee. There will be a lot of important purchases coming up when the insurance comes through and there will be some changes. This is a good chance to influence the decisions and ensure your interests are heard.
Other activities are underway before and after the AGM and lunch. Namely, the sale of flood damaged boats, and the trial of boats that the club is looking to buy,
- 11AM - 12 PM : Sale of selected damaged boats open to 2011 financial members (must be financial before a deposit is made). Also trial of new boats (financial members only)
- 12PM - 1 PM: Sale of selected damaged boats open to non-financial members
- 1PM BBQ
- 2PM UQ Club AGM - only financial members may vote
- 3PM Sale of selected damaged boats open to non members (eg members of other clubs). Also trial of new boats (financial members only)