<$MTInclude module="Navkey poloCalendars"$>
Meeting day: – Tuesday evenings
Time: 7:15 PM (May – August) or 7:45 PM (Sept – April)
Duration: 1.5 hrs
Cost: $7.50 members / $10 non-members (must be Australian canoeing members (e.g. members of another AC affiliated club))
Location: Fortnightly at the UQ Pool (UQ Building 27 or picture). HEATED POOL (27 deg.).
Purpose: Polo training, skills development, polo games, and preparation for competition.
Next Polo Training Sessions
Polo will be every week at the UQ pool. Check this page for updates.
- Experienced members: Please help out at the General pool training sessions on Tuesdays 3rd, 10th, & 17th August 2010 at 7:15 PM. Note that these three dates are not polo, and are not open to non-members
- Tuesday 24 August 2010 from 7:15 PM to 9:00 PM – Polo begins at UQ Pool
- Tuesday 31 August 2010 from 7:15 PM to 9:00 PM – Polo at UQ Pool
- Continues weekly to end of semester. But start times will change to 7:45 PM.
- Tuesday 26th October 2010. Final UQ pool polo session for the year. Starts 7:45PM.
Rolling sessions: Professional tuition in rolling is organised from time to time. Please contact Breck if you are interested as there are minimum and maximum numbers. Cost is $25 cash (not including pool contribution).
What to bring
- Towel and swimming gear (there are warm shower facilities at the pool)
- Money to put toward pool costs. Note that the club subsidises the pool hire, so the more people that take advantage of these sessions, the more sessions we can afford to hold.
- Please pay and sign the form at the start of the night. Each member must sign on individually.
- Queensland Canoeing Canoe Polo Winter Championships
The competition runs for a total of six Rounds including the finals.
Starts: mid year and runs over June / July
Past Events: 2006
with enquiries, for future dates, and/or with expressions of interest.